Welcome to December!
If you’re looking for something different to give your animal-loving family or friends, check out these great ideas…
- Sponsor a pet at a homeless shelter. Petfinder is just one organization that offers this program. You can either give a monetary donation, or you can make your donation recurring each month.
- The World Wildlife Fund has a program for you to adopt a wild species. They offer everything from Gift Adoption Cards, to Adoption of the Month Club.
- If you’re wondering what to get the little ones, I’m sure they would love a trip to the zoo! December is often the best time to go, as many zoo’s offer holiday events, such as Zoolights! It’s a great way to educate and support zoo research.
- Short on cash this year? Offer to volunteer at your local animal shelter with your family member or friend. Animal shelters always need help, and the holidays are one of the busiest times for them.
- Animal shelters are constantly overloaded with animals, and are always in need of foster families. You can surprise your children with a “temporary” home for an animal in need. You would be the shelter for your foster pet, as you try to find them their forever home. I have fostered, and it’s an amazing and rewarding experience!
- Santa Photos are fun! If you ever care for your friends pups, you can take them to have photos with Santa. Many of the photographers give part of their proceeds to shelters, which is always a nice bonus!
Above All, Have fun, and Make it a Great New Year!